Monday, March 13, 2017

3D Printed Makeup

3D Makeup Printing is Actually a Thing

Lately, there has been a lot of news about 3D printing. Food is a big topic when it comes to things that can be printed with ease. There is a new 3D printer that's been circulating the internet, and it is known as The Mink. The Mink is a little printer that lets users choose any color they could ever imagine, and then the printer uses simple and already-existing software, to print the selected color into a blush, eye shadow, lip gloss, foundation, or any other selection of makeup.

Makeup of all types breaks down into a simple substrate. Even higher-ended brands, such as Sephora or even Chanel use the basic same stuff that cheaper drugstore makeups would use.Related image
This printer basically looks like a desktop printer. The way it's used is very simple!

3 comments:

  1. Wow! I've never really heard about anything like that, it's pretty cool. The big thing that I'm curious about is the cost: How much is this thing going to cost? How much will it cost to produce? Will it be more productive in the long run? 3D printers are great and all, but they're a little pricey, costing anywhere between $200 to $4000. Not to mention, I imagine makeup corporations might try to fight this thing to protect their businesses. With all the hurdles that'll need to be overcome, I hope it all goes well for this clever contraption.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Think about this, using 3-D printing could save lives of many animals that we humans kill to benefit our appearance. For example, lipstick contains oil from whales, red hair dye started out from crushing a specific bug species, fish scales and bat poop can be commonly found in mascara, major grease from animals that produce wool are used in make-up remover, so on. This could really be the next big thing and save lives of animals if they start substituting substances.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You've got a point there about the animals. For those who are strong advocates for animal rights, I can see how this would encourage less murder. I, however, am not one of those advocates. Humans are the top predator on the food chain. As long as we're not driving species extinct, I'm alright.

      Delete